HP Paviolion a1629.uk

Dve313

Solid State Member
Hi everyone. I have just brought a PC for $200 from my friend. It's not too old and is in good condition. I knew that it was not good enough to play video games, so I decided to upgrade some parts. I brought a ATX 400W PCU and a nvidia geforce xfx 8800 gt. Once at home I installed everything fine. I disabled the integrated graphics and my pc is running smoothly. However I play Counter Strike source and I was expected with this graphics card about 200+ fps. But.. for some strange reason I only get around 50-100fps on low graphics. I have check is the Vsync was on and its not. I have tried the latest driver and did not even 100fps, so rolled back to the driver I got with the CD and i get 50-100fps. I think i have the latests chipset drivers(not sure) But Im seriously wondering why I have low fps. Here are my specs. I took Screenshots with CPUID so you can get as much infomation as possible.

infox.jpg

If you could tell me what I could upgrade or what I can do to get max power out of my card. I know the processor is not very good at all. I would buy a new processor but I have not got a clue which processors my mother board supports, so if anyone knows a processor which would work with this pc, would be great. thanks.

Anyone please help?

Back
Top Bottom