hp pavilion dv 2000 will not turn on

shadydawg

Baseband Member
hey all,
I have me a hp pavilion dv200 laptop an it will not turn on..it was working but the problem i had with it that it was overheating an kept shutting of.so i opened it up cleaned out the heat sink an fan an put it back together an powered it on an it turned on an was working...so i went an left it on to see if it would overheat again an shut down like it was doing before so i came back an noticed that it had turned off.
Now i try to turn it back on but this time i get no lights above the keypad like before an it does not turn on like before its like the whole laptop is dead now..i plugged it into the walll an i notice that it takes a few seconds before the charging light comes on..i try to tuen it on while its plugged in an still nothing,the charging lights go off an i have to unplug it an plug it back in an wait a few secons before the charging light comes back on...
Am wondering when i put it back together if i could have messed up something an it shorted out an messed up the whole thing.:confused:

When you took the heatsink off, Was the thermal compound really stiff? Could have actually overheated the proc too much and damaged it.

if you mean that white stuff there was none on it..i put everything back together an it powered on...

That would likely be it, then. Thermal Compound fills the microscopic gaps in the metals to have maximum thermal conduction from the processor to the heatsink. It's quite possible your processor has been bricked.

Back
Top Bottom