hp help

sully654

Baseband Member
my friends hp iis gay nd wont work. try to boot in safe mode and just goes back to the "start windows normally" and that screen. i think he has the blue screen of death but it only shows up for like half a second...will he have to wipe the hard drive nd reinstall windows?

looks like he will. If you can't get to the login in screen, and nor can you boot in safe mode, chances are he'll need to re-install windows.

Try entering the Bios, if that works, pop in the windows CD, boot from the cd, and then "repair windows", and see if that gets you access...if it doesn't...then looks like you're going to have to re-install the OS

to help you out best let's get the blue screen. ON startup press F8 so the safe mode options pop up. Choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Now when it BSOD's (assuming it is) the error will stay on screen until you shut down the computer giving you time to write down the error.

to help you out best let's get the blue screen. ON startup press F8 so the safe mode options pop up. Choose "Disable automatic restart on system failure". Now when it BSOD's (assuming it is) the error will stay on screen until you shut down the computer giving you time to write down the error.

great idea....why didn't i think of that :p

Back
Top Bottom