Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 02-08-2007, 01:45 PM   #1
Beta Member

Default Hp Director - Scan Docs To Email Prob

I have a HP 6110xi all-in-one. Bought Costco and now discontinued. Used it on my Laptop with no problems at all.

Have a Desktop and recently downloaded the drivers to the Desktop so I can use the 6110xi. Print commands from the desktop to the 6110xi no problems.

Tried to Scan a Document and the 6110xi scaned, got a good preview, email pop up filed in with my yahoo address. When I tried to send the scan to my Yahoo address the following box came up:

Top in the blue border area: "Outlook Express".

In the white area was written: A little red icon with the following...." The Host '141:11............Could Not Be Found. Please Verify You Have Entered The Sever Name Correctly. Account VVGM........................."

The scan was not transmitted to Yahoo.

Any help in resolving this would be greatly appreciated.

ms624

ms624 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Hp Director - Scan Docs To Email Prob

Can you send an e-mail to anywhere else? I don't think think this is an issue with the scanner, but with the e-mail because you did get a good preview. Sounds like Yahoo's server may have just been overloaded or you lost internet connection for a couple seconds for various reasons.

Try resending it, and see what happens.

Old 02-08-2007, 11:21 PM   #3
Beta Member

Freestyler,

Good advice. So I tried it again but tried to send it to my hotmail account....no success. Sent a test message from hotmail to yahoo and came through clear.

Still getting the blue, "OUTLOOK EXPRESS" box with this written in the white section of the box:

The host '14I;//..................;;L;;;;L;L;;L;';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;]'' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'VVGM ,/YTRRDERTR4RRRRRRRRR4RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRWEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEKMMMKHJGFDSQWQWWWWWWWWb GH/', Server: '14I;//..................;;L;;;;L;L;;L;';;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;; ;;]'', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11004, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D
Old 02-09-2007, 01:08 AM   #4
Beta Member

Problem solved. Outlook express was not configured for my server CenturyTel. HP directed me to them....called CenturyTel and the tech lead me through configuring Outlook Express.