HP Computer Warning

sounds like a good idea, it will let people choose more knowlegable about where to buy a computer. also you could do one for laptops as well as PC's that would come in useful for many people :D

Yes make a list then show it on the web or any way you can. Every one asks what brands are bad and what are good.

Okay, first things first. PCs. So far i have HP=Bad Acer=Good. If anyone has any comments to add about those, post 'em. Any other brands, go ahead.

Ooh I know all about lovely HP. My mom made the mistake of buying one instead of letting me build her one. When she called me to come fix it because it would barely turn on, I asked where the CD were that came with it. When she said it didn't come with a CD I realized: HP is bs.

Jester said:
Ooh I know all about lovely HP. My mom made the mistake of buying one instead of letting me build her one. When she called me to come fix it because it would barely turn on, I asked where the CD were that came with it. When she said it didn't come with a CD I realized: HP is bs.

Same thing happened to me when I was fixing my neighbors' computer.

I 2nd this... My grandparents and partents both got compaqs around 95...they where good computers, but very hard to upgrade(incompatability, propritary crap on the HD...)

My brother has a Compaq laptop from about 98 that's been ok...kinda slow, but the only major problem was a harddrive failure which compaq replaced...

My grandparents got a cheap HP, aginst my warnings, and they've had nothing but problems out of it. I tried to downgrade it to 98, but I couldn't find the audio drivers(and they didn't want me opening it at the time) THEN, I tried to load 2000, and it wouldn't read the disk!

My dad got a used HP laptop...it's pretty fast(PIII 733) but the screen has many issues and sometimes, the backlight will go out!

Now...will people keep telling me HP and compaq is so good?

Back
Top Bottom