HP 5GB Drivers & Win XP

muckmail1

Solid State Member
I have an old 5gb HP external drive that I saved some files on years
ago. Now I want to retrieve them but when I go to HP site I do not find
a driver for XP for it. Does anyone know how to get a Hp tape driver
for XP for tape drive product number C4362A. It is an external 5gb unit.
I had an old driver on my orginal cd for win 95 but it does not work and I can't find that cd anyway. I tryed it on xp over one year ago and it failed
using the win 95 cd. Any suggestions on how to get my old tape drive working on xp and a site to load xp drivers.

I also have an hp T1000 that I might work if I could find drivers.

Thank you,

I'll search for drivers ifI can. As far for your tape drive, I have the exact same thing. They won't work in XP, but Windows is not the issue. The BIOS does not recognised a Tape drive with a FDD interface.

UPDATE: I couldn't find drivers, but what I can say is to open the external hard drive and unplug the hard drive. Swap it in in your PC. That DOES work.

I am using a Athon 1000 that orginally had Win ME. Now it has windows Me. So the bios is the problem?? Would the tape drive work in dos mode for Win Xp? If not, What type of computer do I need to get the tape drive working. Hopefully a computer that I can connect a CD buner to so I can transfer files to CD rom.
thank you,

Well, it works with the age it has. Eg: A 486/SX

Nowdays, you can get a Tape drive with IDE interface.

Getting files from old tapes????

I have an hp T1000 & 5gb external tape drives that does not work with my newer mother boards and windows XP. So I will be looking for and old win 95 computer probably in yard sales. What type of computer do I need to look for to get my files off of hp tapes and put them on a disk drive. Hopefully a drive
that I can slave to a more new computer for file tranfer to a more
modern machine.
Any suggestions?
thank you,

Back
Top Bottom