hows this setup look?

Nice, it will be very fast, for RAM i would go with atleast 1gb probably 2 sense it doesn't seem that your on a tight budget ;)

Since it seems like you have all the money can you spend, get the P5WDH and Corsair 6400C3 or 8500C5.

You can get some really nice TeamGroup DDR2 with low latencies, take a look at it.

Get the P5WDH :)

Actually the Corsair 6400C3 and 8500CL5 are binned higher, but they all use Micron D9GMH ;)

Yes, but you won't be able to go... Quad SLI. So I really don't think you have much to worry about.

And... of all people to listen to about RAM, listen to Ownage. He knows what he's talking about, take it from me and pretty much anyone else here on the forums.

you need 2 16x lanes for quad SLI. All Intel chipsets are x8 x8, no x16 x16. Thus the only motherboards that support it are the nVidia chipsets (which arent that great for Intel to begin with) to ATi's RD600 (which seems like a beast). Its your pick of the poison. It wont be long until ATi releases a Quad SLI counterpart, im pretty sure.

EDIT: And as much as i love nVidia and ATi, i think Quad SLI is the biggest waste of money. I would much rather go with 2 X1900XTXs, better yet, 2 X19050XTX when they are released. Can't wait for R600 and G80 :D

EDIT2: Thanks Jamxx

Back
Top Bottom