I'm new to the forums..so I'll 'break the ice' with this post.
I am currently looking to purchase a new PC from a site like ibuypower.com, or cyberpowerPC. I was originally looking at buyXG.com, but have read bad reviews.
I am planning on running games such as World of Warcraft, Everquest II, Counter-Strike: Source, 1.6. Maybe HL2.
Specs I am looking at:
- Microsoft® Windows® XP Home Edition w/ Service Pack 2
- (Sckt939)EVGA nForce4 SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCI-E Mainboard w/GbLAN,USB2.0,&7.1Audio
- (939-pin) AMD ATHLON™64 3500+ CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology (Not sure on OverClocking and such, I'm still new to most of this)
- 1024 MB (512MBx2) PC3200 400MHz Dual Channel DDR MEMORY
- NVIDIA Geforce 6600 256MB 16X PCI EXPRESS VIDEO CARD
- ESS 3D WAVETABLE SOUND PCI
- 160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive.
- NZXT PF-500 500Watt Power Supply
This setup is from CyberpowerPC.com, I need to configure a PC from a site like this since I am not ready to assemble my own. This setup is around $739 with the free shipping deal.
All comments/critcism is appreciated!