Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-14-2007, 03:35 PM   #11
Solid State Member

Default Re: hows this build?

if your going to go with Windows Vista, you should skip the Creative Sound card because theirs hardly any drivers out and Vista dosen't support EAX, natively that is. But other then that it looks good.

Marine_Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 03:42 PM   #12
Solid State Member

ya i was worrying about if everthings gonna work with vista, so im just gonna go with xp just to help make sure that if theres a problem its the hardware and not the os. then ill switch when everythings set

dktxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:04 PM   #13
Solid State Member

ok so everything i posted earlier (minus the extra dvd drive, network adapter, and ram cooler - thx isowner) combined cost $1,485.51 including shipping/handling/tax. looks like i can start ordering the parts and configure my room for it. all i need is the os im gonna get, which i will get later, and i got one more question. my current computer which im gonna get rid of already has xp. is there any way i can use that copy legally?
dktxx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2007, 04:26 PM   #14
Golden Master

Legally, no. The Windows operating system are licensed to use on one PC only unless you have volume licensing. But, that doesn't prevent people from resuing it on other PCs . If you have the original Windows XP CD, you should be able to install it for your new setup. I would just get the Vista OS for system builders. They're around $100. That way, you have a newer operating system.

In regards to sound card, this is highly optional. You can probably save even more money by not even having it. It just depends on how picky you are when it comes to the quality of sound. Motherboard build in sound is pretty good now these days. Should you have to get one, Creative sound cards do support Vista:

http://us.creative.com/products/prod...emRequirements