How will this system play the Sims 2?

so would the 6200 play "flawlessly" like the x300? and how would 1GB of RAM make a difference?

...alright here is the complete configuration:

CASE : ATX MEDIUM TOWER CASE 350 WATT (SILVER COLOR)
CPU : (Sckt775)Intel® Pentium® 4 630 CPU @ 3.0GHz 800FSB 2MB Cache 64-Bit w/ HT
MOTHERBOARD : ECS 945P-A I945P Chipset LGA775 1066FSB DDR2/667 SATA Dual 16X PCI-Express Platform W/7.1Audio, GbLAN, &USB2.0
MEMORY : 1GB (2x512MB) PC4200 DDR2 Dual Channel Memory (Corsair Value Select)
VIDEO CARD : NVIDIA Geforce 6200 Graphics with TurboCache supporting 256MB 16X PCI Express VIDEO CARD
VIDEO CARD 2 : NONE
MONITOR & LCD : NONE
HARD DRIVE : 80GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM Hard Drive
Hard Drive 2 : NONE
Optical Drive : SONY 52X CD-ROM (BEIGE COLOR)
Optical Drive 2 : NONE
SOUND : HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
I upgraded the power unit to a NZXT PF-500 500Watt Power Supply...do I need 500 watts? or should I keep the case's 350 watt?

how is that configuration? any comments? if anyone knows a cheaper website other than cyberpower let me know

No, you dont need the 500 watts, but 350 watts is probably teh minimum, so I would reccomend getting the 500 watt. There's some nice Antec's on sale for 30. That computer is better than most of my friends'.

it has a decent price if u can go for more go with the 6600 GT there better not by much money either

It should run the Sims 2 well enough, the problem with the Sims is their damn long start up times, which just gets longer as you add expansion pack after expansion pack, the girl I live with, loves the sims but it just makes me laugh, boot up, start game, go make a cup of coffee, toast, do the laundry, check.......oh its just started.......

Yeah, its pretty bad. Helps if you have a fast processor, whihc does speed the loading up quite considerably.

Your PC's fine though, and so is that video card.

I have a Radeon 9800PRO 128mb and it runs the SIMS 2 at 1024x768 at full quality (2x antialising) without any problems.

ok sounds good thanks guys, but would I need the 500 watt upgrade? or could I stay at 350 watt? what difference would it make? Also with the loading times...is the p4 3.0 ghz fast enough to load at a good speed? or if not, how about the amd athlon 64 3200?

Conspirate said:
An x300 runs The Sims 2 flawlessly on high settings with everything enabled. I'm pretty sure you can pick one up really cheap now, under fifty bucks. Now reflecting upon it, an x300 can pretty much play every single game out except FEAR and QUAKE 4, which really makes it an excellent card, even if newer cards are eight times more powerful.
oh of course it can play every game out there...just at 5fps

Back
Top Bottom