How will this system play the Sims 2?

joe pic

Fully Optimized
I'm getting a new gaming computer for my son because he likes to play the Sims 2, and wants the best experience out of the game. I was looking on www.cyberpowerinc.com, because i've purchased from them before and they're very reliable, and cheap. If anyone knows a better website please let me know. But anyway, I was looking at the Mega Infinity 6000 Lightning...http://www.cyberpowersystem.com/system/inf6000.asp?v=d

and i've customized it as the following:

P4, 3.0 GHz processor w/ HT,
an ATI Radeon x300 128 mb,
and 1 GB of RAM
80 GB HD

Now, how would it play the Sims 2? He has it now, but he's dissapointed with the computer's performance toward the game. He has all the expansion packs so far as well. Now will it play the game smoothly and fast? Thats pretty much what he wants. I don't want a computer too over the top, just one that will play the Sims 2 very well, because it's the only game he plays, and I play it a little bit too. What I mean by smoothly and fast is not too much lagging on lots with a lot of sims, and big houses. Is the processor good enough for the game? I know 1 GB of RAM is good, and what about the video card? An ATI radeon x300? How will that perform on the game? On Cyberpower.com, the NVIDIA Geforce 6200 Graphics with TurboCache supporting 256MB is priced exactly the same as the x300. Should I get the x300 or the Nvidia 6200? Which one would be better for the game and why?
Thanks a lot, I know I have a lot of questions, but I want to know a lot before I spend a lot of money on a computer for my son so I know it will last.

I had a 6200 in my old computer with 1gb ram and an athlon 64 3200+(about the same as the processor you have) and it ran fine. So I think if you had the 6200 then the computer would run it great.

EDIT: I just notice the end of your post. If you want it to run any upcoming sims or anyother games though I would suggest a geforce 6600gt or 6800gs. If that would be too expensive the 6200 isnt that bad.

Try going with AMD brand they got better procesors for gaming a AMD 64 from 3000-3500 its just fine

An x300 runs The Sims 2 flawlessly on high settings with everything enabled. I'm pretty sure you can pick one up really cheap now, under fifty bucks. Now reflecting upon it, an x300 can pretty much play every single game out except FEAR and QUAKE 4, which really makes it an excellent card, even if newer cards are eight times more powerful.

Haha, Quake 4 on ultra is amazing. Since I got my 2 GB of RAM it'll play on that just fine, and it... well, it's amazing! :D

Just had to throw that in.

Back
Top Bottom