How to use WINE in Linux?

wizard12

Baseband Member
Just wondering, I recently got Linux and i found this program to run windows apps on Linux, the only problem is that i dont know where to find the files i'm looking for. Can someone tell me where to find those program files that are installed on my windows os? Am i even using the app right? :confused:

well alot of programs dont work with wine so i just stopped using it, ask foothead, he knows a lot about linux

another problem, I try downloading certain apps but it tells me that it cannot be installed on my computer type (amd64) but i dont have an AMD64. Why does it think i have an amd64? Are there any fixes?

another problem, I try downloading certain apps but it tells me that it cannot be installed on my computer type (amd64) but i dont have an AMD64. Why does it think i have an amd64? Are there any fixes?

AMD64 in this case does not refer to the processor in your machine, but the operating system - are you running a 64-bit OS?

I am using ubuntu. I am not sure how to check. Im pretty sure i am not running 64-bit though

I wouldn't use it. Looks unstable, and if u need windows programs...install a virtualmachine with xp or vista.

Whatever you have in windows, you can find in Linux :)

I would like to see what version of ubuntu he has, 9.04, 8.10, etc. I would also like to know what programs the OP wants to use. I am sure that there is either an linux version or a linux program that will work in its place.

As for virtual machines they are a good idea but can be a pain sometimes.

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom