How to transfer 100Gb over s router?

Zer0Cool

Fully Optimized
Hello,

I have about 100Gb worth of film that I recorded my self that I want my younger brother to make in to a film. We live in the same house but on two different floors. Both of us are hardwired connected to the same router (DGL 4500).

I am very bad with networking and really can use ur help here. I am using Windows 7 64 bit and he is using XP.

I will google this question, but thought that you guys might be able to give me a quicker and more clear explanation.

Thanks

just his pc in the network window
and then in the shared docs folder just drop your vids
and he can get them at the Start > My Computer > Shared Documents
here is a pic for Vista
networkpic.jpg

enjoy

so you hit Start > Network > (Bros PC)Shared Documents
then drag all of the files from your pc to his and let it go
he can then go to Start > My Computer > Shared Documents
and get all of the vids once they are done transfering

i would highly recommend unplugging the router for 15 sec before you start
and again once your done
thats alot of traffic thats going to be going through the air
your router will love you for it

Thank you for this info I will try this first thing tomorrow when I wake up its late now :)

What has been said should work. It will probably take forever and a half though. 100GB is a ton of info. Make sure your brother has 100GB free on his main drive. With the info above, the main drive is where it's all going.

^ that should have been a given but good point
and try a test file if you will
like one at a time
and see how that works
but it would work
it will just take HOURS!
maybe even a day
depending on the router and the traffic on it, and the spec ( B, G, N whatever)

I'd set aside a day to do this when you can unplug all the modems unnecessary peripherals and close all the pc processes that could use up network resources. I've often found that once the link is tested that it's a good idea to set this up to run overnight. You'll wake up in the morning and reap the rewards of your (net)work.

Back
Top Bottom