How to share my sound card with two computers

weeder

Beta member
Hi guys,
This is my first post and a bit of a newbie to this so all help is very welcome.
Iwant to be able to play fear 2 on the pc. My big gutsy computer manages this no problem but will not give me sound. After much googeling i found this is a very common problem with the game.
My smaller computer can play the game only on very very low resolutions but gives the game sound.
Question - Is there any way i can use the sound card from my smaller computer to play the game in my big computer. Maybe a cable or something??
Any help would be a god send.
Thanks to all...

It's a crude solution, but you could remote from the PC that has working sound and remote from there to the other machine. Usually, remote desktop applications have options that allow you to carry the sound from the host to the client. For example, you can do it with Windows remote desktop / terminal services.

Welcome to the forum.

Does the big gutsy computer make any sound at all? If Fear 2 is the only thing the sound doesn't work on then maybe you could try reinstalling the game or updating the drivers for your sound card? Have you tried fiddling with the sound settings in the game?

Welcome to the forum.

Does the big gutsy computer make any sound at all? If Fear 2 is the only thing the sound doesn't work on then maybe you could try reinstalling the game or updating the drivers for your sound card? Have you tried fiddling with the sound settings in the game?

Yeh mate, it will play every other game apart from fear 2 with perfect audio.
Have updated nvidia drivers and audio codec drivers.
Even downloaded the same codec drivers that were on my smaller machine with working sound card to the big computer thinking they might be the same when playing fear 2 but to no avail.
Fiddled with settings in game. Game will start up and run no problem with the sound card disabled but enabling sound card makes the game crash big time.
This is a well known issue on the gaming forums seemingly with this game,hence my idea of using a cable to bridge the two sound cards together.
Would buy a new sound card if i was 100% sure if it was compatible with game.
Creative/logitech/soundmax and others do not seem to work with this game.
Many thanks for your quick response - very much appreciated....

Back
Top Bottom