HOW TO REPAIR THE MBR (urgent)

blackjack

Fully Optimized
I was messing about foolishly I think now, so I installed Vista (complete install ) on my second HDD, then I decided to get rid of it so I tried to ghost back and when it rebooted I kept getting the dual boot menu, so after some thinking I put the xp disc in and booted into the recovery console, and selcted repair, to my c drive, when it gave me the command prompt I typed fixmbr thinking it would reset the master boot record, big mistake, now when it boots it goes through alot of dos writing and restarts, If I set 1st boot to my hdd1 40g it boots up but I want to have my 160g hdd0 my primary drive, but the only way I CAN STOP IT CONSTANTLY REBOOTING IS TO PRESS F7 AND IT TAKES ME TO option of selcting Vista or xp so I selct xp and it boot up, How can I repair the mbr or boot sequence of HDD 0

boot off of an XP CD. at the first screen type "r". Then the commands are Fixboot, and fixmbr.

Thank you so much that worked a treat its 3am im up in four hours and thats just got me out of a tight spot, I owe you one:)

Back
Top Bottom