Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 PM   #1
Solid State Member

Question how reliable are toshiba laptops?

i have seen so many complaints on the internet should i trust them. what are your experiences with toshiba.

Old 01-05-2011, 12:22 AM   #2
Fully Optimized

Default Re: how reliable are toshiba laptops?

Well my family goes through a lot of laptops, and the Toshiba's are one of the most reliable ones...

Old 01-05-2011, 12:41 AM   #3
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcasey25raptor View Post
i have seen so many complaints on the internet should i trust them. what are your experiences with toshiba.
my personal experience with toshiba laptop towards to complaints. i bought one 6 months ago. it was a 14-inch very light weighted one. The specification was all good until one day I found that the laptop only has one core, instead of dual core which it was advertised in the shop. Another thing bother me a lot with the toshiba laptop is everything was very slow despite it was a new one. For example, when I click on one window/function, it took 5 seconds to respond. when i typed one sentence, it also took his time. The memory eats up when i click any window/function. i am not sure why is that...

Maybe my one was an outlier. i wonder anyone has similar/different experience?
Old 01-05-2011, 01:18 AM   #4
Fully Optimized

I don't think the brand makes much of a difference. All of the top brands like Asus, Toshiba, Lenovo, MSi and HP are the same. If a laptop is faulty, it doesn't mean the brand is terrible. Every company has faulty laptops.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:04 PM   #5
Fully Optimized

The company I used to work for would always buy Toshiba laptops for the salesguys. Every one was a slow, buggy POS. Of course, this could be because they spent as little money as possible on them and Toshiba was the cheapest at the time. It still left a bad taste in my mouth as far as Toshiba is concerned...
Old 01-05-2011, 01:11 PM   #6
Fully Optimized

my dad has had the same toshiba laptop for a good.. 5 years or so i think. It has 'Designed for Windows XP, Windows Vista Capable' on it.

has never been a bother to us really, and i know of many others who get alot of god use out of laptops.

and true say, every company has a few DOAs and some faulty models. Most companies have had some reason to recall something e.g. Apple recalled one of their MBP series for faulty Seagate Barracuda drives.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:16 PM   #7
Fully Optimized

My aunt has been through three Toshibas, all of them within a 6 month period. I hate them for that reason - I had to try and fix on once, never again. Great CDROM drives, but laptops are made in the asscrack of hell apparently.
Old 01-05-2011, 06:23 PM   #8
JCB
Daemon Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by uceicko View Post
my personal experience with toshiba laptop towards to complaints. i bought one 6 months ago. it was a 14-inch very light weighted one. The specification was all good until one day I found that the laptop only has one core, instead of dual core which it was advertised in the shop. Another thing bother me a lot with the toshiba laptop is everything was very slow despite it was a new one. For example, when I click on one window/function, it took 5 seconds to respond. when i typed one sentence, it also took his time. The memory eats up when i click any window/function. i am not sure why is that...

Maybe my one was an outlier. i wonder anyone has similar/different experience?
the laptop we bought said it was a dual core on the box, but the latop was only a single core and the laptop was so slow
Old 01-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #9
Baseband Member

post now deleted by author
Old 01-08-2011, 05:17 AM   #10
In Runtime

I have a Toshiba laptop and have had it for a year now, it is still working perfectly , I have downloaded films and songs on here and its still very fast!

Closed Thread