How is this processor for gaming?

Holysky

Fully Optimized
I currently have a Intel Pentium D processor 935 and i was wondering if i could put it in my gaming rig that i am getting and save 200 dollars. It is at 3.2GHz and will it be able to run future games without bottlenecking any stuff like a gtx 280 or anything else? thanks in advance;)

Nah, that processor is almost from the stone age... jp, but really, it can't do much. If you have a socket 775 you could upgrade to a C2D though.

i use to have an Pentium D, ran 60c on IDLE, forgot whats it clocked at.
Bottlenecked most of my graphics card, and resolution. Was the worst performance compared to my other CPUs, Saw some reviews and even an single core P4 can beat the Pentium D.
I dont like the Pentium D, i see it as an Failed Experiment by Intel.

Pentium D? No, it's not in any gaming computers anymore, and its terrible for overclocking I think... Pentium 4s and Ds, can get like an extra 20mhz out of them before they overheat... Ds run hot. I was looking at it two years ago when I built my computer, and decided it was too outdated then...

they either dont know sh!t about computers or they are trying to make some major bank selling Pentium Ds, Pentium Ds are really cheap compared to the C2 series.
to me Pentium D is pretty much the same as a celeron.

im getting a quad :) q6600 probally with the XIGMATEK HDT-S1283 120mm Rifle CPU Cooler and oc it

Back
Top Bottom