how are my temps?

decision fish

Baseband Member
hi

i've been having some problems with blue screens and unpromptrd restarts, i was worrying about overheating.

everest home says my temps are:

Motherboard: 41 degrees C
cpu: 42 degrees C
gpu: 61 degrees C
hard drive: 41 degrees C

do these sound low enough to you or too high?

thanks guys

Yeah not enough to be causing restarts but after you get this problem fixed, you should consider cleaning out your computer case as those temps are a tad high.

well what are the specs . to me they look high but not high enough to be causing restarts

Those are OK. Not enough to be causing BSODs and restarts.

thanks alot,

they are a bit higher now but not much,

do you think the bsods and restarts might be caused by nvidia firewall, i have read it can be a problem. it was on the pc (i just bought it 2nd hand with fresh install xp, it is nforce4 sli intel chipset)?

cheers

They can be caused by many things. Software incompatibility, hardware problems, even power supply. Make sure you have the latest drivers and that the motherboard chipset drivers are installed.

Have you tested the memory? Try a program called Memtest86+.

They can be caused by many things. Software incompatibility, hardware problems, even power supply. Make sure you have the latest drivers and that the motherboard chipset drivers are installed.

Have you tested the memory? Try a program called Memtest86+.

cheers,

tried memtest86+,
had to get the cd iso instead of floppy files (no floppy drive) and it's just a rar that extracts into another rar: i can't burn an iso.

also tried downloading windows memory diagnostic iso but nero woyldn't recognise the file as iso so i couldn't create a boot disc anway.

i would like to test the memory with one of these, has anybody had these problems with them before?

Back
Top Bottom