How is my OC?

are you sure there isnt like a peice of plastic between the cpu\paste\HSF, because for a zalman those are very high.

What you need to remember is that in more than one case the heat spreader on the Core 2 Duo isn't flat. Because of that, temperatures are still higher than they should be. My E6300 ran mid 60's on the stock cooler on stock clocks and voltages.

Edit: He is on a 9500, so they are smaller than the 9700. The 9700 usually gets about 5 degrees better than the 9500.

No, no plastic. But keep in mind that my "intake" in the front of my case is a bunch of holes in a 1.5"x5.5ish" Even with two fans behind them, not much air can get in that.

Even the stock cooler usually can get the E6600 up to about 3.2 GHz...that's really weird. The max temp for the Core 2 Duos is 60.1*C, so that's pretty hot.

My chip doesn't get anywhere near that hot even at like 1.5 Vcore, I think something must be wrong.

That's why I don't run grills in my case, front or back. I Dremel them out if they are built into the case.

Can you give us a pic of the inside of your case? And did you apply thermal paste correctly?

No, no plastic. But keep in mind that my "intake" in the front of my case is a bunch of holes in a 1.5"x5.5ish" Even with two fans behind them, not much air can get in that.

still shouldnt matter, but i have my arctic cooler running my cpu at 13c idle in the bios(at stock) and thats the same amount of heat as your C2D, and my cooler is assumed to be not as good. and i dont think i did anything too specail with the paste, i used a ton(more than you should anyways), but thats how i roll:p

i mean ive seen o/c quads running around 40 under load
sumthings up and it ant the case
o/c baddly? i want to no your stock temps with the 9500

Back
Top Bottom