How much would I be able to get if i sold this custom built gaming computer?

brendan1

Beta member
I bought this gaming computer a year ago from Ibuypower, have a couple problems with it, a bad hard drive and now I just recently got the blue screen of death and it will not turn on, there is a 2 year warranty left on it and I am going to get it fixed and then sell it.
I am thinking about buying a gaming laptop instead and was just wondering how much I could get if I sold this custom build computer.

I bought for $1600 last june, and was wondering if I could sell for maybe 1100-1250? I am not entirely sure.

Any answer will be greatly appreciated, Thanks in advance!

Specs:

Case (NZXT Guardian 921 RB Gaming Case - Black w/ Red Light))

Processor (Intel® Core™ i7 3820 Processor (4x 3.60GHz/10MB L3 Cache) - Intel Core i7 3820))

Motherboard (Gigabyte GA-X79-UD3 -- 4x PCI-E x16, 6x SATA 6Gb/s))

Memory (8 GB [2 GB X4] DDR3-1600 Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand)

Video Card (*NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 - 2GB - Single Card))

Power Supply (800 Watt - Standard))

Processor Cooling (Liquid CPU Cooling System [SOCKET-2011] - Standard
120mm Fan))

Primary Hard Drive (1 TB HARD DRIVE -- 32M Cache, 7200 RPM, 6.0Gb/s - Single Drive))

Optical Drive (24x Dual Format/Double Layer DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW Drive - Black))

3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard

2.1 channel stereo super bass subwoofer speaker system

Windows 7 OS

Flash Media Reader / Writer (12-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer - Black))

It's not worth that kind of money you're thinking about. Look at what you posted. Ibuypower for $1600.00 a year ago.
Bad hard drive.
BSOD-ing
Now won't turn on.
Even though you have the warranty, it's spoiled goods. For what you're thinking about asking for it most of the members in here can build a nice gaming hotrod from scratch.

You might have better luck trying to get a new (as oppposed to fixed) machine with the warranty you still have or just taking it apart and sell the parts.

You might have better luck trying to get a new (as oppposed to fixed) machine with the warranty you still have or just taking it apart and sell the parts.

I agree. You can get some good money for the parts alone and then build yourself a rig for around 600 or 700 bucks. The parts could get you up to maybe 900 or so

---------- Post added at 07:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:44 PM ----------

Or, if you want to save your computer, you could just buy a new hard drive and reinstall windows on it.

---------- Post added at 07:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:45 PM ----------

That's a pretty powerful gpu and cpu you have on there, so I don't think you would get a gaming laptop that is as good as that

Back
Top Bottom