How Much Is It Worth?

datkins91

In Runtime
Howdy,

So I've got an old computer for free from a friend and was looking to sell it. It's not a super one compared to how quickly new hardware comes out, etc.. but it's definitely good enough to play games at high settings, etc.

I was just hoping you guys might be able to provide some insight on what you'd expect from selling this - I think it's worth more to sell it as a whole rather than separate components? Let me guys know what you think.

Intel I7 3820 @ 3.6GHz
Nvidia Palit GTX 680 2Gb
16Gb DDR3 12800
Asus P9X79 Pro motherboard (Which I believe is good for overclocking)
Brand new (just installed) Arctic Airpline 20 Plus CPU Cooler

It also comes with a decent sound card, or so I believe.

I wouldn't be expecting a bomb for it, but any suggestions would be much appreciated!

probably easier to sell it all as one, so you don't end up with something left over. $300-$400 would be my estimate all together.

parts only
Intel I7 3820 @ 3.6GHz $150
Nvidia Palit GTX 680 2Gb $100
16Gb DDR3 12800 $50
Asus P9X79 Pro motherboard (Which I believe is good for overclocking)$75
Brand new (just installed) Arctic Airpline 20 Plus CPU Cooler$30

Edit: the motherboard and cooler are the most likely to be left overs.

By looking at the prices at eBay, most people are selling used 3820s at about $60-80. I honestly don't think you can sell that at $150 when you can get a brand new 6400 for the same price.

About the board, is that the one with 8 memory slots? If it is, I think it's quite expensive. Maybe a few pictures will clear that out.

The rest of the prices mentioned by Cortb look good. Also, selling everything as a whole seems like the smartest idea, even if it is harder to sell. If you can't sell a whole computer, you definitely can't sell a motherboard or cooler alone.

They average around $65 on EBay and too bad I can't use it on my B75 mobo since it only accept 3770 as the biggest.

WOW, I didn't realize that was a lga2011 board. You could posibly get $150-$200 for it, and bump up the price for everything together to $450-$600 if you advertise it as a server class board and cpu.

Back
Top Bottom