How much power do I need?

Yeah, either the OCZ that Rooster listed or this SIGMA 600 Watt. Either will work fine. But the one Rooster lists IS a better value by a bit.

I'm a little wary of PSU's that state a peak wattage rating. It's just a concern I've always had...it does have a good amp rating, but who knows... I've never personally heard of or used that brand either, and I know no one (even on here) that has. I would personally go with the OCZ that AR suggested. I've used it in two builds, including my own. Or you can grab an Antec. They make great ones!

And yes, I agree with prodigy...I hate the case you picked out...yes, it is your choice, but I am going to voice my opinion :D Raidmax does make great cases (I've had 2 builds including mine that have used them), but that one looks cheeeeeesy. But, if it floats your boat, pay the ~$20 shipping charge. Otherwise, cooler master, gigabyte, and antec all make great cases.

Oh, and on the PSU + Case issue, my conclusion is that if it says it's rated at 500W or 400W, assume it's rated 150-200W less than that. I was a fool for using the 500W that came with my raidmax before I was educated. It didn't fail, but I'm not going to let a $5 PSU (most likely) ruin my entire system...it's not happily sitting in a P4 build I did for my grandma :p

Back
Top Bottom