How much PC Knowledge to you have? I need help.

I'm surprised this wasn't mentioned sooner. How hot is it inside your room?

Hmmm I allready mentioned that, Its the first thing I would have checked then I would have checked my CPU heatsic for dust and cleaned it and the inside of my case while I was in there.

Taking the side panel isn't always a good thing for air flow. On some cases (like mine) no side panel makes air flow worse.

However, if you want to completly eliminate heat as an issue, take the side panel off and have a normal desk-fan blow directly into the case.

You can still run into heat problems if ambient temperatures are high enough. You should still download one or more of the temperature monitoring programs listed earlier. You could also try re-seating the heatsink with some new thermal paste.

You guys were right it was a heat issue that I believe its coming from my GPU CPUCool monitoring didn't have my CPU temp go to far above 40*C. I reversed the fan in the back of my case and also got my mini desk fan to blow on the components. I would like to buy more thermal paste any stores that you know of that sell it?

Fry's, Best Buy, Compusa(There are a few left), any computer store really.

i saw radioshack selling AS5 pretty high price compared to newegg but then you have to pay shipping :( it was like 10$ there! make sure you need paste before you actually buy it

Well I really don't know what else to buy because I have Zalman fans on my CPU and GPU so really a new case would make sense because my current one has such poor ventilation. But I'm not interested in buying a new case so some more thermal paste and maybe now that my case fan is blowing out will make it so I no longer need to use my mini fan.

Late update but hopefully it will help someone with the same problem. Faulty RAM was the issue, I ran the memTest (google it, it's free) with 3 instances running and my computer restarted within 5 minutes of running the test. I took out a 512MB Ultra stick and my computer ran great. I ordered OCZ 512MB x2 so I have 2GB now and everything runs great.

Back
Top Bottom