How much difference?

honestmaxx

Solid State Member
Okay, so I currently have 1 GB of RAM installed on my computer, with a GeForce 7300 GS as well.

I ordered 2 more GB of RAM, and a new GeForce 8600 GT.

So jumping from to what I have now to what I ordered, am I going to notice a difference?

I wouldn't consider myself a very serious gamer. I don't really play hours upon hours.

Thanks!

You'll see a nice performance increase. I'm not saying it will be life altering, but you will have a better time playing games and such. :D

What games are you playing?

Regardless you should see faster load times and smoother fps across the board

enjoy!

You should see a pretty big perf. increase. I have the 8600GT. Do NOT bother or even think about overclocking it. The best performance jump I saw was a drop in 1000 points in 3dmark.

enjoy!

Yup, he's bang on! you will notice a pretty decent increase in performance...but it won't be like eye popping LOL. But definitely will make your game playing more smooth and faster loading times.

What games are you playing?

enjoy!

Umm, well I play a lot of MMO's. I suppose the games I play aren't exactly top of the line DirectX 10 graphics.

Most of them are around the graphics area of any Star Wars game, like Empire at War. The most graphics-intensive game that I have is probably Dead Space. And that's the only one with that kind of graphics I have really.

Back
Top Bottom