how much could I sell this for?

Considering it's used, and that you added 512mb to make it a gig, a better vid. card (although not the best) and a sound card, it should come out to around $1200-1300. $1000 base.

Really? I bought the computer for $600 and that stuff I put in I wouldnt think would make the price go up that high

WEll yeah, the vid card, the stick, the sound card, you did it yourself, and you'll pay for shipping, yeah, $1000. 1200-1300 if the buyer thinks he's getting a good deal... lol... nah, yeah, $1000.

Actually, I wouldn't say any more than $700. That is, if you're lucky.

Processor - $200
Memory - $100
Sound Card - $25
Video Card - $100
Motherboard - $100
CD ROM Drive - $50
Hard Drive - $100
Monitor - $100

I'm basically rounding up in with every single part because I'm too lazy to search out specific prices. For instance, you can find a 160GB HDD for $40 bucks nowadays with like $100 in rebates.

Then, add on the fact that the computer is used. But, if you're lucky to get an ignorant buyer, you might just be able to sell the PC for $1000.

Kuberr said:
Actually, I wouldn't say any more than $700. That is, if you're lucky.

Processor - $200
Memory - $100
Sound Card - $25
Video Card - $100
Motherboard - $100
CD ROM Drive - $50
Hard Drive - $100
Monitor - $100

I'm basically rounding up in with every single part because I'm too lazy to search out specific prices. For instance, you can find a 160GB HDD for $40 bucks nowadays with like $100 in rebates.

Then, add on the fact that the computer is used. But, if you're lucky to get an ignorant buyer, you might just be able to sell the PC for $1000.
im not sure but i do think that the memory is worth a little bit more then that say $130, but thats assuming that its at 533mh/z like most computers. id also say that the mother bored is a little bit more, and same with the hard drive. i have seen that drive for like $120 before. oh ya....and the moniter isnt worth but 60 bucks.

AMD's don't support DDR533. Also, I doubt the memory is that high quality to be worth $130 for two sticks of 512MB. It's likely that the PC manufacturer would rather put something like Corsair ValueSelect rather than XMS because it saves them money, and most customers only understand memory size, but not clock rates and latency timings. Yeah, you can find the Hard Drive for $120 bucks, but I have seen it for $40 bucks at Circuit City with massive rebates at times.

The motherboard should be cheaper because it's AGP only without PCI-E. It also seems pretty old. As for the monitors, I'm not too familiar with CRT's.

Back
Top Bottom