How much can you overclock an thlon xp2500+

rat_boy_100

In Runtime
Hi i currently have a sempron 2800+ and was wondering how much you can overclock an athlon xp2500+ if i was to buy one as i heard they can be overclocked quite alot?

It depends on how stable your mobo is, your cooling, and your ram. Your ram would considerably hold you back since you coudlnt use a 1:1 ratio. Also what is your core.

if its the athlon xp-m 2500+ i have managed to get it to 2.6ghz from 1.8, air cooling, cheap ram

He said it was a sempron but yes, your ram could screw you up. Um, ehy dont you just save up and get a new mobo, cpu, or is that too much?

if its a Athlon XP-M, it can be overclocked like crazy. if not, it can still be overclocked. Just make sure you dont fry anything and dont buy cheap RAM.

You can OC it till it fries and then you buy a new faster motherboard and CPU!
If its' not broken, don't fix it!

new mobo and cpu, he cant even afford that much, dont think many of us could! lol

He only just got a new mobo for xmas aswell :p

yer he's right i cant be doin with swappin components every week...i'm 14 and have no job...i think this comp will stick with me til i can afford summat like an athlon 64 FX55 or summit :p lol

look at sig, hehe. Not bad for a £55 CPU :)

I bet it still stacks up pretty well to current CPU's, athough, not the fastest by any means.

Back
Top Bottom