how to mount fans

muz

Golden Master
how do you guys mount case fans , at the mo i have ghetto rigged a 120MM case fan to my case using zip ties and i have an old 60mm cpu fan mounted in a spare floppy bay using zip ties , the 120,mm fan dosent vibrate as it did when i used the supplied rubber bolts so i was suprized , has anyone else got any other methods

I use nuts and bolts, this way is more expensive but lessens vibration

6-36 I believe

anything... nothing vibrates for me. I used tin foil once to tie a 70mm fan in a floppy bay. And I used tape to tape one down near my hard drive (not on it!).

I don't think Loctite is necessary for screws in a computer case, that stuff is more for bolts and stuff like that, and stuff that will be moved around.

I used 1 1/2 inch machine screws with nuts to hold my top and front fan. And the other ones sit in the bracket for the fans in the back.

But my fans came with self tapping screws.

hascet said:
I don't think Loctite is necessary for screws in a computer case, that stuff is more for bolts and stuff like that, and stuff that will be moved around.
It isnt necessary, i choose to use it so they dont work loose over time as stated above

Back
Top Bottom