How to make my printer wireless?

I was wondering how long it would take before that JXiPlatform guy got his account disabled...
No doubt. I got on him about 2 or 3 times yesterday for giving out bad advice.

Thanks for the help guys.The printer is probably about 9 y.o. so I think it predates ethernet,I'll check.Pretty sure it's USB only.

I would say that $50 is the budget...I have a desktop Dell(about 5 years old) that I got for zero dollars about a year ago,I need an excuse to set it up.I could just stick the printer on it.

That would be another option. You can set up the printer to this old Dell and put this Dell in the same workgroup as your other computers (they must all be in the same network). This would essentially make the old Dell a server for the printer.

Yeah,I'm leaning toward that the more I think about it.

I've been thinking about a media server for a while,especially to rip my CD collection,maybe I'll mess around with the Dell,till I can figure out what to build.

All great ideas. As long as you have a router or switch to connect all the PC's too then you'll be all set. Put them in the same workgroup, share the printer off the Dell, browse to the Dell's computer name from the other PC's (START>RUN>\\Dell's Computer Name), and double click to install the printer on the other comptuers. As long as the Dell is on, you'll be able to print.

Back
Top Bottom