How Long Will This System Last me 4 ???

Zer0Cool said:
Tnanks mammikoura.

What do u think about the rest of the rig?

well the cpu is only a single core, so that might become a problem in the future. But it should be fine for some time, I'm still using a 3.0Ghz p4 and it doesn't have any problems with any games. But crysis has a dual core cpu in it's recommended system specs. :eek:

Ram should be fine for some time, though again Vista is going to use ALOT of ram.. But 2gb should still be enough for any game.

LambOfGod said:
But AMD is a differnt animal you must look at its rating such as (4000+)

what that means is your processor performs like a 4.0 GHZ processor

Thats completely WRONG.

The rating system is simply designed so that its easier to tell the difference between processors in the SAME category, for example Socket 939 Athlon 64s.

They can not even be compared with other platforms of the same manufacturer, for example Socket 939 and Socket 754.

And they DEFINITELY have NOTHING to do with GHz ratings!

prosser13 said:
Thats completely WRONG.

The rating system is simply designed so that its easier to tell the difference between processors in the SAME category, for example Socket 939 Athlon 64s.

They can not even be compared with other platforms of the same manufacturer, for example Socket 939 and Socket 754.

And they DEFINITELY have NOTHING to do with GHz ratings!

NO U ARE WRONG

AMD threw their rating system together so that Customers would know how fast the processors really are compared to others.

like a 1.6 Ghz Athlon XP really runs comparably to a 2.0 GHZ proc or 2000+

http://www.vanshardware.com/articles/2001/october/011006_AMD_Model/011006_AMD_Model.htm

I suggest you do a little research before you start typing boy

And I suggest you check that what you are reading is valid, or at least something which has been released in the last 5 years. Learn to use Google:

Article[/ul]

the last 5 years is when they started the rating system thats why i am going back that far.

I still stand behind my original statement. EVEN though AMD wont admit it. The AMD rating system provides a means for comparision between them and competition's products...even if that's not the official policy.

and bud, i work for google

well atleast according to my info the rating in the amd is pretty close to a p4 with a clock speed similar to the rating. I'd say that a 2.8Ghz p4 is about the same as an amd 64 3000+. So while it's not completely accurate, it's a very good way of comparing.

Well thank you.

Quick question, if i would go ahed and decide to sell it, how much do u think i would get? I mean all the parts are like 3 month old.

Back
Top Bottom