How long will this Laptop last me

kev said:
No you will have to repair it several times because of the P4.

You Sir, are an idiot.

Anyways, laptops are great, but I wouldn't buy it with heavy gaming in mind. The computer looks beautiful, (I <3 the 17 incher), but price is really what matters here. Keep in mind you probobly won't get far with the x600 graphics card, and don't plan on upgrading alot of hardware. How much are you paying?

im paying $1,600 at the moment, and compared to the 64 grafx card in my PC right now, i figure itll me a much bigger difference

Oh 1600? That's alot, and yes it WILL get hot. My latitude is a mobile 2.0Ghz with 512 ram and a radeon mobile 7500. I play Cs 1.6 at 99 fps, 50 in firefights. It ain't a gaming laptop, but it gets HOTTT! So hot, that it will occasionally shut down! So be careful! My grams got a turion 64 bit that's f*cking LEET, but it came with a heat thing that puts the laptop up in the air a little bit and has extra fans. I say that laptop is worth it, but don't expect to play new games with it.

Burnthings176 said:
im paying $1,600 at the moment, and compared to the 64 grafx card in my PC right now, i figure itll me a much bigger difference
And remeber, 1600 dollars could get you an AMD 64 3500 with 2 G of ram, SLI mobo with dual 7800GTs, and prolly a 17 inch LCD

the games id be looking to play are counterstrike and HL2, but i will admit, i dont really know much about grafx cards. I dont consider myself a hardcore gamer in the least bit, and figure this setup will let me play anything that comes my way hopefully for 3 to 4 years

but i really like the idea of having a mobile PC, i spend so much time on the computer i have now, itd be nice to get outta this room of mine to do work elsewhere

also, haveing a DVD player of my own that can go anywhere is also great,

My laptop (an HP) which has 512 megs ram and a 2.4 GHZ processor is going on 2 years old and it still playes all the new games just fine.

money_man said:
yea wtf..its a laptop intel dominates the laptop cpu market...the amd turions arent all that great...dont listen to kev

Your a dumbass. You cant compare as P4 to a Turion. You can compare a Pentium M to a Turion. And a PM is a very good processor. P4s are not ment to be in laptops. They are ment to be in Desktops. You are going to have serious heat issues. And very poor battery life.

Pentium 4 in a laptop is no-no. I hear they run VERY hot in laptops, and I've actually compared the heat of a Pentium M laptop and a Pentium 4 laptop in a computer store once, and seriously, the P4 is a lot hotter.

So throw away the Pentium 4 firstly.

P4s do get VERY hot in laptops and sometimes drain the power very fast too, My friends 3.06Ghz P4 in his laptop drains power FAST i mean we gotta keep it plugged in.... and if you don't stick it on a flat surface your legs are gonna burn

Thats my review on a P4 in a laptop

Back
Top Bottom