After doing thorough
research using the Can You Run It?
program I have come to this conclusion about my computer: out of the 675 (more or less) games on it's list, my computer can run 261 of the games, or 39% of all the games. I have a decent processor (though not 'excellent'), 3GB of RAM, and NVIDIA GeForce 6150SE. I plan to upgrade my RAM to 4GB and my graphics card to ATI Radeon HD 5670. According to my research, I will be able to play 98-99% (literally) of all the games on that list. The other 1% are 2 games that have a better graphics card (for recommended), 4 games with better RAM, and 2 games with better processor. Originally, I wasn't completely sure about getting the ATI Radeon HD 5670 because I wanted to play Guild Wars 2 (Which isn't out yet-- probably coming out in the Summer of 2011; I wanted to be sure of the GPU's graphical capabilities.)... but after examining over 675 games, I've found out the ATI Radeon HD 5670 is quite fine, if not even more.
But this is where my predicament begins. Sure, Guild Wars 2 will play fine, but what about everything else coming my way? I want a graphics card that will be able to play games on publisher's recommended (or at least
near recommended, most
of the time) settings for 2 years. So I will be able to play games from the spring of 2011 till the winter of 2012, if not more.
So, out of your studies and best of opinion, will this card last, if not outlast my desires? Or will it fall short? Should I get a better card (the current card is this
), or stick with the one I plan to get? Please do not recommend a different card company or a very advanced card, just because it's 'way better' or you would've rather preferred it. Give me reasons
If you clicked the link, you'll notice the card I am thinking of choosing is $75 (with good ratings. I saw it recommended on a tomshardware.com article as well). I am 'willing' to go up to $120, but no more; and only if I need to
. I don't want to waste money here, in this day and age
Thanks for reading, and please reply!