How long can i keep the computer without shutting down?

coolguy1

Baseband Member
How long can i keep my notebook without shutting it down?, can i run for like 3-4 days with shutting down and what is the time the notebook should be switched off in a week??? Thanks.

Depends on the cooling... I would shut down the comp everyday, but, windows can run for months...

Tommy Boy said:
with a notebook you definitly don't want to leave it running all the time.

Is that is making my computer to heat up?? Before i never did to keep it ON all the time, but of late i have been keeping it ON mostly all the 3 days of weekend and in the weekdays, just some 2-3 hours OFF. Is that a problem?

computers never get tired so in theory, yes. with proper cooling at least. but it will reduce the life of your computer substantially.

coolguy said:
Is that is making my computer to heat up?? Before i never did to keep it ON all the time, but of late i have been keeping it ON mostly all the 3 days of weekend and in the weekdays, just some 2-3 hours OFF. Is that a problem?
yeah, laptops sometimes don't have adequate cooling and in turn have heat problems. If you want to leave it on, I'd reccomend getting one of those laptop coolers that you set it on.

Back
Top Bottom