Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 04-09-2004, 06:22 PM   #1
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Default How is this laptop?

I just want to know what you guys think about it or what you have heard about it. The laptop is originally a Voodoo M:855 ($3000+) but other online stores are reselling it brand new for about $1600. Ibuypower.com is selling it named as the Battalion SL. Here are the components -

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (maybe the 3200+ if I got the extra money)
1 GB DDRAM PC2700 (Major Brand)
60 GB Hard Drive 5400 RPM
128 mb Radeon ATI 9600
About 3-4 hours of battery life (doing normal stuff like internet and word)

That is just the basic stuff, here is where the laptop is - http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp.net/st...tor.aspx?mid=94

Please give me feedback on the laptop. I think this might be the one I am buying but I need opinions.
__________________

thrillryder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:15 PM   #2
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillryder23
I just want to know what you guys think about it or what you have heard about it. The laptop is originally a Voodoo M:855 ($3000+) but other online stores are reselling it brand new for about $1600. Ibuypower.com is selling it named as the Battalion SL. Here are the components -

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (maybe the 3200+ if I got the extra money)
1 GB DDRAM PC2700 (Major Brand)
60 GB Hard Drive 5400 RPM
128 mb Radeon ATI 9600
About 3-4 hours of battery life (doing normal stuff like internet and word)

That is just the basic stuff, here is where the laptop is - http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp.net/st...tor.aspx?mid=94

Please give me feedback on the laptop. I think this might be the one I am buying but I need opinions.
I couldn't get onto the site because your hyperlink was squashed (brand new technical term created just then). However, for a laptop, the spec sounds pretty good for the price - maybe instead of the Processor upgrade or as well as the Hard Drive might be pushed up, a bit small really but I suppose its different for a laptop.

It sounds like a good deal though! You should probably get it!
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 07:23 PM   #3
In Runtime
 
TheSickness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 370
Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillryder23
I just want to know what you guys think about it or what you have heard about it. The laptop is originally a Voodoo M:855 ($3000+) but other online stores are reselling it brand new for about $1600. Ibuypower.com is selling it named as the Battalion SL. Here are the components -

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (maybe the 3200+ if I got the extra money)
1 GB DDRAM PC2700 (Major Brand)
60 GB Hard Drive 5400 RPM
128 mb Radeon ATI 9600
About 3-4 hours of battery life (doing normal stuff like internet and word)

That is just the basic stuff, here is where the laptop is - http://www.ibuypower.com/ibp.net/st...tor.aspx?mid=94

Please give me feedback on the laptop. I think this might be the one I am buying but I need opinions.
Seems good to me, actually, that is better than my desktop (except for the HD ). Cant see anything bad about it really

Go for it.

If you do get it, i hope it works well for you
TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:41 PM   #4
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Yea I don't need that big of a hard drive. That speed is just fine for the HD.

Thanks guys. I definitly think I am buying it. Any more feedback though?
thrillryder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2004, 09:45 PM   #5
In Runtime
 
TheSickness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 370
Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillryder23
Yea I don't need that big of a hard drive. That speed is just fine for the HD.

Thanks guys. I definitly think I am buying it. Any more feedback though?
Is it possible for you to post the complete specs of the lappy so we can see what your getting. That link dont work
TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 12:46 AM   #6
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 7
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Mobile AMDŽ Athlon-64 3000+ CPU
1024MB [512MB x2] DDR-333 PC-2700 [Notebook Memory] Major Brand
Mobility 128mb ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 128bit 3d Gaming
40 GB 5400rpm ATA-100 Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive
8x DVD-ROM & 24X16X24 CD-RW Combo Drive [SL-Series]
Build-in 56K V.90 Fax Modem [Notebook]
Build-in 10/100 Network LAN [Notebook]
Build-in 3-in-i Media Card Reader/Writer [Notebook]
MS Works Suite 2004 [Word, Works, Money, Encarta, Photo, Streets & Trips]
Build-in 3x USB 2.0 Ports [Notebook]
Build-in 1x IEEE-1394 Firewire Port [Notebook]
[FREE] Wireless LAN Wi-Fi 802.11g 54Mbps Mini-PCI Module
MS Windows XP Home Edition


Ok those are the exact specs of what I am getting. I copy and pasted everything that I selected in the customizing portion of buying the laptop. Hope this helps. Also - the price (w/o shipping and handling) is about $1750
thrillryder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 04:17 AM   #7
Site Team
 
David Lindon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Posts: 15,233
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Some good specs there. It should run well.
__________________
[url=http://www.LNXPS.NET]LNXPS.NET - The XPS Library]
David Lindon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2004, 09:46 AM   #8
In Runtime
 
TheSickness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 370
Send a message via AIM to TheSickness Send a message via MSN to TheSickness Send a message via Yahoo to TheSickness
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillryder23
Mobile AMDŽ Athlon-64 3000+ CPU
1024MB [512MB x2] DDR-333 PC-2700 [Notebook Memory] Major Brand
Mobility 128mb ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 128bit 3d Gaming
40 GB 5400rpm ATA-100 Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive
8x DVD-ROM & 24X16X24 CD-RW Combo Drive [SL-Series]
Build-in 56K V.90 Fax Modem [Notebook]
Build-in 10/100 Network LAN [Notebook]
Build-in 3-in-i Media Card Reader/Writer [Notebook]
MS Works Suite 2004 [Word, Works, Money, Encarta, Photo, Streets & Trips]
Build-in 3x USB 2.0 Ports [Notebook]
Build-in 1x IEEE-1394 Firewire Port [Notebook]
[FREE] Wireless LAN Wi-Fi 802.11g 54Mbps Mini-PCI Module
MS Windows XP Home Edition


Ok those are the exact specs of what I am getting. I copy and pasted everything that I selected in the customizing portion of buying the laptop. Hope this helps. Also - the price (w/o shipping and handling) is about $1750
Thats quite cheap for specs like that

Bloody good laptop you getting there
TheSickness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2004, 12:40 PM   #9
Guru
 
Lord Kalthorn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Britain
Posts: 13,293
Send a message via MSN to Lord Kalthorn
Default Re: How is this laptop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrillryder23
Mobile AMDŽ Athlon-64 3000+ CPU
1024MB [512MB x2] DDR-333 PC-2700 [Notebook Memory] Major Brand
Mobility 128mb ATI Radeon 9600 PRO 128bit 3d Gaming
40 GB 5400rpm ATA-100 Super Slim Notebook Hard Drive
8x DVD-ROM & 24X16X24 CD-RW Combo Drive [SL-Series]
Build-in 56K V.90 Fax Modem [Notebook]
Build-in 10/100 Network LAN [Notebook]
Build-in 3-in-i Media Card Reader/Writer [Notebook]
MS Works Suite 2004 [Word, Works, Money, Encarta, Photo, Streets & Trips]
Build-in 3x USB 2.0 Ports [Notebook]
Build-in 1x IEEE-1394 Firewire Port [Notebook]
[FREE] Wireless LAN Wi-Fi 802.11g 54Mbps Mini-PCI Module
MS Windows XP Home Edition


Ok those are the exact specs of what I am getting. I copy and pasted everything that I selected in the customizing portion of buying the laptop. Hope this helps. Also - the price (w/o shipping and handling) is about $1750
Some good stuff there! hope it goes well!
__________________

__________________
A Knight is sworn to Honour. His heart knows only Virtue. His blade defends the helpless. His might upholds the Weak. His word speaks only truth. His wrath undoes the Wicked.
Lord Kalthorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0