How hot are your laptops getting?

joxley1990

Golden Master
Well, just fixing mates laptop now, Pentium 3 @ 500Mhz, with that speedstep crap..256Mb RAM - Windows XP - It runs XP really nicely, might be swapping his for mine, and he'l give me £100 as well as the laptop, proberly going to do that...

But anyway, how hot do you think the processor should be getting, and what sorta temps are you lot getting?

Its like 50C idle on here, it actally heats the keys..cant be good, need one of those universal coolers I think..

But what sorta temps you getting on your laptops, and which processor they using?

116*F under normal use(that's usally Trillian, Firefox, maybe an MP3 though media player classic, maybe Photoshop...)

I was thinking of getting one of those, but at the moment its just elevated...

john123> yeah I thought it was going to be AMD, they never get hot.

joxley1990 said:
Well, just fixing mates laptop now, Pentium 3 @ 500Mhz, with that speedstep crap..256Mb RAM - Windows XP - It runs XP really nicely, might be swapping his for mine, and he'l give me £100 as well as the laptop, proberly going to do that...

But anyway, how hot do you think the processor should be getting, and what sorta temps are you lot getting?

Its like 50C idle on here, it actally heats the keys..cant be good, need one of those universal coolers I think..

But what sorta temps you getting on your laptops, and which processor they using?

But that laptop is terrible. Thats like 4 years outdated. Why even trade? Just save up and get a new one. Yeah, the laptop is so prehestoric is doesnt know how to manage heat^^ Anyways, if its heating the keyboard up dont try investing in fixing it, just trash it. *Laptop lights on fire* This reminds me when laptops first came out and people burned themselves while they were on their laps!:D

What program you guys using to test out the temps. I know i can put mine on my lap and play WOW and it never gets to the point where i have to take it off my lap.

Back
Top Bottom