How hot is too hot for my GPU?

LOLZpersonok

In Runtime
I have an HP Envy M6-1184CA laptop that has dual switchable graphics. They are the AMD Radeon HD 7660G and the AMD Radeon HD 7670M graphics. The 7670 is the dedicated graphics with 2GB of video memory.

On idle, I had it sitting at around 45-47 degrees Celsius however today when I was editing a video in Adobe Premiere Elements 10 it actually dropped below 40 degrees.

When I play GTA IV, the temperature usually sits at around 65-67 degrees. The fans are spinning at maximum speed but that isn't really loud. I bought a laptop cooling pad today but I'm not sure of how good it is. It's got two fans in it but the pad itself does not draw heat away since it's plastic.

How high would be too high for this graphics adapter? The Quad Core AMD A10 never gets higher than 45 when I play games.

If it helps at all, my games all run smoothly on medium-high settings. Minecraft runs smoothly on maximum settings.

What is the highest, safest and least stressful temperature that this graphics adapter is good up to? Would anyone know, is there a recommended range?

Hey,

I'm not sure about Laptops but I know Desktop cards can quiet safely run up to 80'C for long periods of time and can even survive short periods at up to 120'c.

GPUs do naturally run quiet a bit hotter than CPUs so this shouldn't be a problem.

Maybe someone here can advise more specifically on Laptop stuff.

Back
Top Bottom