How high could I over clock my CPU?

clandestinex337

In Runtime
So i have the AMD Anthalon 64 3800+ X2 Dual Core Processor, and its running at 2.01GHz. I don't have any extra cooling just the stick heatsink that came with the CPU.

Thanks

i reckon 2.2/3 without a problem but im not sure maybe even 2.5/2.8 without problema

if i over clock it to high and it runs hot i can always turn it back before its to late? And whats a stable temp for a CPU to run at?

duno about the amd chips but i probably wouldnt want it going over abou 65-70c at any point ,
i would be carefull overclocking cos carelessness or inexperience can cause a cpu to be wrecked , ie i would start ab about 2.2ghz then increase in icrements up to 2.3 and 2.4 etc , not just jump in at 2.8ghz .
Also there are many guides on overclocking here http://www.computerforums.org/search.php?searchid=317892 i would take a luck at them as well

if you overclock it and it overheats, thats it for the processor no going back, if you want to really overclock it a lot you NEED an aftermarket heatsink, id say for a cpu 50 degrees celsius is probably getting a bit high, anything lower is good

bullzi said:
if you overclock it and it overheats, thats it for the processor no going back, if you want to really overclock it a lot you NEED an aftermarket heatsink, id say for a cpu 50 degrees celsius is probably getting a bit high, anything lower is good

you don't need an aftermarket heatsink. It will only allow you to oc higher, because it keeps the temps down. As for the temps, if it stays under 65C then it's fine, but I'd try to keep it under 60C at all times. (and I'm talking about under load temps here)

Well, I just went into the bios and whenever I went past 210 like 220 230 240, Windows wouldnt start up. Any idea of what the problem is?

Back
Top Bottom