How hard would it be...

not that hard i just did swticed to my V9 from my azza
and the swtching cpu is easy take heatsink off pop latch put new one in tighten latch alpply thermal compound and put new heatsink on

not that hard i just did swticed to my V9 from my azza
and the swtching cpu is easy take heatsink off pop latch put new one in tighten latch alpply thermal compound and put new heatsink on

okay, good.

because I was reading this book and the author was like, "it's so hard to switch out the motherboard and everything out of the case!" and I was just wondering.. haha.

It can be tricky in some cases, but most I have worked with are pretty simple to do.

It can be a pain b/c it's more than just building from brand new parts, you have to take the parts out of 1 case and put them in another. But it's really not that hard. I want to switch cases as well if I ever get the money for a better case. Processor is as simple or difficult as has been said. Depends on the heatsink if it will be tricky or not. My Zalman cooler is a pain. I had a hard time putting it on initially, then I had to reseat my processor... And on my brother's system I had it in as well and then I figured out I put it on backwards... :p If it's a stock HSF it will come off and go on easy.

I'd guess it's about a 30 minute job usually, but that really depends on the person. Some people will probably take an hour to do it, and I'm sure the more experienced folk can do it in ~10. It's about 15 minutes for me, and the computers I have here have some pretty stubborn hardware...they're all old OEM machines. :(

It also depends on what method you use. If you're careful and disconnect everything, then make sure you reroute cables nicely in the new case it'll take a longer than if you just yank out all the cables, transfer the motherboard over with all cards attached then whack the cables back in again and hope for the best.

As long as you're patient and pay attention to what you are doing, you should be all right.

Back
Top Bottom