how to get sound when pc hooked up to tv?

Delux

In Runtime
hey guys,

been posting alot of questions here...sorry?

but ive recently had to start a whole new life and times are hard for me i guess, but i have just connected my computer to my tv through DVI,

i know that i cannot get sound from DVI so i have my composite cables, problem is i have no clue where to hook them up to recieve sound through my tv

the TV model is HP-R4252C and it is a samsung, help is REALLY appreciated.

Take a RCA cable and use the red/white hookups to the tv and the other end into the computer.

Or i take a headphone plug in that has a red/white end connector and plug that into the tv and the smaller jack into the computer audio spot.

Take a RCA cable and use the red/white hookups to the tv and the other end into the computer.

Or i take a headphone plug in that has a red/white end connector and plug that into the tv and the smaller jack into the computer audio spot.

yes thats the cable that i have but i have no clue where im supposed to connect the red and white ends

into the tv, there should be 2 lone white/red connectors on the tv. They wont have a video connector next to it. I am trying to explain this on ambien and I suck at it lol

LOL alright ill check it out right now lets see...

EDIT

alright i just found the 2 stand alone ones that say DVI AUDIO IN i plugged it in, but still no sound...

It is necessary to change the audio input signal to match the name of the inputs to which you put the RCA (red/white) cables in.

i have done that but still no sound from tv... is there somthing i should adjust on the computer?

As long it is on the Green Audio Out port, it should work. Make sure a sound device is enabled and that it is on/turned up. There might be options on your television as to where you plug it in. What sort of connections are you using from the PC to the TV? Component cable splitter?

for the audio i am using a wire that plugs into a headphone jack or speaker jack, and converts it into the audio composite cable (red & White)

I mean for video. That will help me to assign a proper audio port. Most TV's combine audio/video input channels to save confusion. So if you're not using DVI in as the primary video source, chances are the audio won't work there.

Which video input are you using?

Back
Top Bottom