How to fake a monitor

GibsonSGKing

Daemon Poster
OK, I'm playing L4D with 2 monitors as one big extended display. My question is, how can I make it think I have 3 connected? I want it so that I have my main display, and then my second on the right is just my view to the right, but my crosshairs are still centered on the main screen. So I was thinking can't I just fake a third monitor to my left? I have an HD5770 if it makes a difference.

Put a cheap DAC on the third port and give it a fake resolution.

It will ruin the FOV though. You will have one peripheral.

But what third port? There are only 2 DVI ports. Also, I had them split between a GTS250(my physx card) and the hd5770, but L4D wouldn't let me put the res up high enough. Is there a way I could do it using the gts250? Windows and CCC wouldn't let me extend the display in one big res with one of them on the gts :mad:

You need to put a DAC on the displayport.

The monoprice one should work, but i can't guarantee that windows will like it.

There might be another way to do this. Use the eyefinity driver if you aren't for some reason.

You need to put a DAC on the displayport.

The monoprice one should work, but i can't guarantee that windows will like it.

There might be another way to do this. Use the eyefinity driver if you aren't for some reason.

Where do I access the EF driver? Isn't there a way just to make my res bigger and have only 2/3 of it show? I would like to do this with software if I can, I guess.

Ask on widescreengamingforum. They know a lot more than I do on this.

I think you need hardware though. And the EF driver should be a download on ATI's website.

Back
Top Bottom