How does this sound?

Pyro_2232

Solid State Member
I saw from a previous post by someone on the site a link to www.ibuypower.com

So I went to the site and put together my own, this is what I came up with......

Warranty ( Warranty Service Standard 3-Year Limited Warranty )
Operation System ( None- Pre-formatted Hard Drive Only )
Case Lighting ( Neon Light Blue )
Flash Media Reader/Writer ( 6-In-1 Internal Flash Media Card Reader/Writer Silver )
Mouse ( Microsoft IntelliMouse 1.1A USB Internet Mouse Beige )
Keyboard ( PS/2 104 Key Windows 98 Keyboard Beige )
Monitor ( None )
Network Card ( 10/100 Network Onboard )
Speaker System ( 600W PMPO 3 PCS Super Bass Subwoofer Speaker System )
CD-RW/DVD-RW Drive ( 52x32x52 CD-RW Drive Beige )
CD/DVD Drive ( 16x DVD-ROM Drive Beige )
Sound Card ( 3D Premium Surround Sound Onboard )
Memory ( 512MB DDR-400 PC3200 Memory Module )
Processor Cooling ( Certified CPU Fan and Heatsink )
Case ( Raidmax Scorpio-868 ATX Mid-Tower Case w/420W Power Supply Silver )
Power Supply ( Standard Case Power Supply )
Video Card ( ATI Radeon 9600-XT 256MB w/DVI + TV Out 8x AGP Video )
Meter Display ( Thermal Temperature LCD Display Silver )
Floppy Drive ( None )
Processor ( AMD® Athlon-64 3000+ CPU w/ Hyper Transport Technology )
USB Port ( Build-in USB 2.0 Ports )
Hard Drive ( 80 GB HARD DRIVE 80 GB 7200 RPM Ultra ATA-100 Hard Drive )
Motherboard ( Foxconn 755A01-6EKRS SIS-755 Chipset w/5.1 Sound, LAN, IEEE-1394, USB 2.0 8x AGP Motherboard )

All for the total of: $735.00 with free shipping.

So my question is, have any of you bought from this site, and do they have reliable products? Also do you think this is a pretty good setup for someone who does moderate gaming?

Or......do you think it would be better just to start from scratch and build my own?

Thanks for the help.

Ah yes, getting a new computer.

In the beginning, I was about to buy one of those custom computers from ibuypower.com. Than I stumbled upon resellerratings.com and checked out ibuypwer.com's rating, which wasn't to good.

So I decided to look on other sites that built custom computers and found puget custom computers. I thought it all over again, it was not worth the price for what I was looking for.

Than it finally came down to building a custom computer. I went through pricewatch, tigerdirect, zipzoomfly, and finally newegg. I found that newegg offered really decent prices along with good feedback, and so I bought all my parts from them.

To save you some trouble, just buy your parts from newegg and build yourself a computer. It's not that hard if you research on the parts needed to build one.

Thanks alot, that answers a lot of my questions. But What would you or anyone else recommend that I get for a graphics card. My last one that I upgraded to was an ATI and I know more about them than any other brands such as Nvidia. Well, come to think of it what would you guys recommend for all the parts I would put into it? Like I said before I do moderate gaming, mostly battlefield veitnam, Call of Duty, and maybe down the line something like farcry. If I can I would probably want to stay under $800 if possible.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom