How does this build look?

I can't seem to figure out how to edit my post.

Change the case to a Cooler Master HAF 932 advanced,
Change the PSU to a 1000W 80 Plus Plat unit.

Number of Cougar fans increased to 4 for a push-pull configuration on the H100 radiator.

I'd like to scale down to a 850W PSU, as the 1000W seems rather inefficient. Can I get some feedback on that?

I can't seem to figure out how to edit my post.

Change the case to a Cooler Master HAF 932 advanced,
Change the PSU to a 1000W 80 Plus Plat unit.

Number of Cougar fans increased to 4 for a push-pull configuration on the H100 radiator.

I'd like to scale down to a 850W PSU, as the 1000W seems rather inefficient. Can I get some feedback on that?

There's a time limit on editing. You will not regret buying the CM HAF 932 Advanced, best case I've ever worked with (and it was recommended to me by others).

I would definitely pass on a 1000W 80 Plus Plat PSU. You shouldn't need more than an 850W 80+ Bronze from a reliable brand (CORSAIR is my favorite, Antec is good too). I use this: CORSAIR Enthusiast 850W. If you do want to go with a 1000W, I would still pass on the 80+ Platinum models unless you plan to run your computer 24/7.

Last edited:
There's a time limit on editing. You will not regret buying the CM HAF 932 Advanced, best case I've ever worked with (and it was recommended to me by others).

I would definitely pass on a 1000W 80 Plus Plat PSU. You shouldn't need more than an 850W 80+ Bronze from a reliable brand (CORSAIR is my favorite, Antec is good too). I use this: CORSAIR Enthusiast 850W. If you do want to go with a 1000W, I would still pass on the 80+ Platinum models unless you plan to run your computer 24/7.

Using a wattage calculator for PSUs, I got back a minimum wattage of around 800ish and a suggested wattage of 840 or so; (Have closed the app since then, don't remember -exact- values, but I'm close)

So, I'd be fine with an 850? It would be hitting 90-100% load. Then again, I configured it for SLI, as I plan to purchase a second 670 in the future.

Using a wattage calculator for PSUs, I got back a minimum wattage of around 800ish and a suggested wattage of 840 or so; (Have closed the app since then, don't remember -exact- values, but I'm close)

So, I'd be fine with an 850? It would be hitting 90-100% load. Then again, I configured it for SLI, as I plan to purchase a second 670 in the future.

I didn't know you planned to SLI another GTX 670. If that were my plan, I'd probably go for a 1000W (do they make anything between 850W and 1000W?). Still would pass on 80+ Platinum models though, depending on how often your computer will be in use. Also haven't looked at the price premium of a 80+ Plat vs an 80+ Bronze lately, but last time I did it wasn't worth it unless you were going to be drawing a lot of power a lot of the time. That being said it's never a BAD idea to go with a higher rated model, just one of those areas where it might not be worth it. Quality brand means a lot more to me.

Back
Top Bottom