how do you upgrade bios?

drumthrasher

Fully Optimized
hi...i was wondering how to upgrade the bios. i don't know why, but i think i should. i think my motherboard is an intel 82801aa, or a 82810. thanks.

I'm guessing your not a Driver Nazi? TBH if your not having any issues with your current BIOS and theres nothing apparent that you'll gain from updating it, I'd leave well alone.

If you really want to however. Its usually a case of putting the various files onto a floppy, booting from it and "flashing". Its a very good idea to make a backup of your current BIOS beforehand (someone else will have to fill in that one). However I think allot of the newer motherboards now let ya do it from within Windows. AFAIK its a one click job with my Asus A8N board and the supplied software, allthough I havent seen the need to bother yet.

its a little more complicated than that, u have to boot off a floppy disk with a certain program and the new bios on it and run the program to update the bios i think, cant be certain cause with mine i can just do it from windows but im pretty sure u do that with older motherboards

Yeah you have to to do really whack stuff lol, i tried and failed some error while i was doing it or sumin. Not really worth it unless your motherboard is like 5 years old or something.

not always they can add extra options sometimes which can be a benefit so by all means do it and i just remembered i did it on another comp a while ago and its really easy

Yeah, its from an eMachines iTower 566i2, we bought it more than 5 years ago. I just figured that it might help a little bit.

careful unless you no what you are doing you can do some bad shit and totally mess up your mobo, to the point where you can never go back i recomend taking to the local certified PC repair shop...

nah its not that dangerous ya it has the potential of messing ur comp up but if ur carefull and double check everything before doing it it should be fine

Back
Top Bottom