How do you read your processor clock speed?

kevinbreault39

Baseband Member
I have the intel extreme tuning utility, and i just let it run for the last while.
Now, i think it overclocked my processor,
But when i look here, in CPU-Z, im not sure where it is saying my clock speed.
Can anyone help me out?

CPU-z.png

Your board is somewhat like mine in if you leave the overclock settings to auto it will, depending on what you're doing, do some minor overclocking to obtain better performance. Mine adds some serious zoom zoom when I'm running GIMP and and ripping movies at the same time.

Well, this is odd. I used that windows program that rates your computer. Before i overclocked my processor (so, at 2.67ghz) it had a rating of 7.6. Now (at 3.1ghz) it has a rating of 7.5. Why is this?

Well, this is odd. I used that windows program that rates your computer. Before i overclocked my processor (so, at 2.67ghz) it had a rating of 7.6. Now (at 3.1ghz) it has a rating of 7.5. Why is this?

Who knows :rolleyes:

I can't say I would judge your computer because of a lame windows rating. It may be because they moved the scale up?

how do you raise the clockspeed on a hp dv6000 laptop with a intel centrio duo processor, the computer came with vista and the hard drive crashed so i put in a 500gb hard drive and loaded windows seven. Now it is a little slow cause the processor is only running 1.80ghz. thanks for any info!!

Back
Top Bottom