how do you oc cpu?

Dude TSH, here follow these steps:

1. Go to www.cpuid.com and download CPU-Z.
2. Run it and tell us what the things circled in red say in the order they are presented:

3. Ok DONT do anything until you have our answers.

sorry took so long but here you go

Intel Pentium 4 560

intel (R) pentium(R) 4 CP 3.6ghz

Core speed: 3590.8MHZ
Multiplier: X 18.0
FSB 199.5MHZ
BUS speed 798.0

L1 FATA 16KBytes
L1 Trace 12 Kuops

1. Dells CAN NOT be oced, they lock everything. T
2. There is NO pencil mod for P4's because of the IHS.
3. You will need a new case and psu.
4. It is close to impossible to change out the psu for Dells.
5 Sorry to tell you that you cant OC. And that is a might fine processor you have there.

when i wanted to overclock my dell i had to get a new case, power supply and motherboard, thats how much dells suck

IHateDells said:
wait, wait, wait. i cant get a new PSU for my dell!?! please tell me ur just screwin around!
Im telling the truth, you cant change out the psu, they use a special plug for the mobo, not your standard 20 or 24 pin ATX plug.

ownage said:
1. Dells CAN NOT be oced, they lock everything. T
2. There is NO pencil mod for P4's because of the IHS.
3. You will need a new case and psu.
4. It is close to impossible to change out the psu for Dells.
5 Sorry to tell you that you cant OC. And that is a might fine processor you have there.

Ha.. ha.. ha... That's why you don't buy stock CPU's. Yes you can OC them, there is always a way, if you put dedicated time into it. I think that would be a FINE CPU to overclock! Imagine hitting the 4.GHz marker... I wet myself thinking about it *joke* :eek:

abowlofrice said:
all u do is change the frequency?? thats it?? its that simple??

yes, what did u think? Rocket science?
But then ofcourse u will need to start to mess with the voltage etc because if u don't it will become unstable. Not straight away but if u oc enough it will.

ownage said:
1. Dells CAN NOT be oced, they lock everything.
They can be oc'd, u just need to flash the bios.

I Would Not Oc Your Proccesor Unless You Have An Understanding Of What Your Doing, Do Not Mess With The Fsb Got It?

aowen416 said:
I Would Not Oc Your Proccesor Unless You Have An Understanding Of What Your Doing, Do Not Mess With The Fsb Got It?

nah. It really ain't that hard. If u have never oc'd before go slow. And u could count the clock speed (multiplier x FSB) everytime that u have changed either of these. Also keep an eye on the temps.

And I don't suggest that u mess with the voltages if u are new to oc'ing. Messing with the voltage is the easiest way to say "bye bye" to ur cpu.

Back
Top Bottom