How do i wire this pc fan?? (AC Axial Fan,- DP Series)

pepe silvia

Beta member
Hi guys,

First time posting a thread but after searching for hours on the net i cant come up with much information (i know its there, my technical understanding isnt the greatest thought)

OK, so i bought a pc fan online and it arrived today. After unboxing it i realised that it has come with no wires.... and instead on the top right hand corner of the fan there are 2 pins with small holes at the end that look like they need wires fed through it
(pics here > 2123XST.GN | AC Axial Fan, 120 x 120 x 38mm, 195.5m/h, 21W, 220 → 240 V ac (DP Series) | Sunon)

my plan was to connect the pc fan to an ac adapter so it can be plugged in from the wall. All i would have to do is connect the red and black wires to each other and done.. unfortunately it seems like its going to be a bit more complex..
what are these pins called and could someone please tell me in detail what i would need and what would be involved.

Major thanks to those that have read and take the time reply

regards,

Pepe

I am not sure that fan is meant for a PC.
Also, the blades are way too small for it's size to be good.

Why would you connect it to AC anyway?

If i were you i'll buy a proper PC fan.
But you really want to use that fan, i believe this is what you need: Amazon.com: Dayton AC Axial Fan Cord Set 36" Length, 45° Head, 115V; 2-Prong Plug # 3RP14: Home Improvement

---------- Post added at 05:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:06 PM ----------

Here it is way cheaper, but you have to buy the head separately(or cut off the end of an old cable) and attach it yourself.
http://www.amazon.com/Model-Dayton-...qid=1437404879&sr=1-1&keywords=Axial+Fan+Cord

Last edited:
That fan is a 110VAC fan. You do NOT wired the red and black of the 12VDC fans to it and plug it in to the wall.

If you do best to have a fire extinguisher real handy. There's going to be a bright flash, a loud bang, and some soiled underwear...

Look at the label again, it's a 220V AC model.
It's meant to be used for the HVAC system but it can be used directly to the wall socket.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom