how do i run memtest86??????????????

Fanatic4Christ

Daemon Poster
how do you run memtest86 off of a cd? i tryed to boot it from the cd like it said but i dunno and i dont have a floppy so thats outta the question. anyone?

okay stupid memtest doesnt work worth a SH** wow i burned 3 different ways onto the disk and it dident work said please insert bootable disk then press enter blah blah... stupid thing lol same thing just happened with ram probe....

Hmm... if you download the correct ISO, it should boot from the disc.

Are you making sure you are burning using Nero for example, and asking it to make a bootable CD?
Copying as a data CD won't do the trick, etc.

Also, go in the BIOS, and make sure you are setting your computer to boot from the CD first.

Using Nero, you don't make a "data disk", that will just copy the ISO file to the CD making it virtually useless. The ISO is a complete copy, if you will, of a bootable CD with all the needed files.

You need to use the "burn image to disk" option. Just open up Nero, close the burning wizard if it pops up. Click Recorder, then Burn Image. In the next window select the Memtest ISO and click Open. In the next window, just click Burn and you're good to go.

okay i finally got it to run and yeah.......... passed with no errors but it took like a hour and 10-15 mins! wt heck haha that took along time... how do you fix errors on your hard drive now? i have system mechanic and it keeps saying it'll repair it but its not doing it im thinking that that's the problem

Just one hour? Heck, Memtest will run virtually forever until you stop it. :D

It really depends on the type of error the prpgram is finding. If it's finding bad sectors, and it's trying to overwrite them, I believe that takes some time to complete.

Try running the diagnostic program available from the drive manufacturer's website to see if your drive is in good shape.

Back
Top Bottom