How do I know if my motherboard is agp 2x or 4x?

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
Its an old pc with only a 32MB nVidia TNT2 Model 64. It can't run any game what so ever. So does anybody know how to find out which socket it is. I tried researching AGP 2x cards on the internet and the best one I could find was 8MB, does this mean its a 4x slot? Thanks for any advice.

Its an old pc with only a 32MB nVidia TNT2 Model 64. It can't run any game what so ever. So does anybody know how to find out which socket it is. I tried researching AGP 2x cards on the internet and the best one I could find was 8MB, does this mean its a 4x slot? Thanks for any advice.

download cpu-z and under the motherboard tab it should tell u your agp speed

Thanks for the reply. CPU-Z says the motherboard is agp 2X but can support a maximum of 4x, so does this mean that any 4x card will work in it?

MOBO.jpg

I actually got that exact card already (appart from mine is made by powercolor) and when I put it in the pc it face the wrong way, the only way for it to fit is to have it facing toward the inside of the pc and therefore doesnt work.

I actually got that exact card already (appart from mine is made by powercolor) and when I put it in the pc it face the wrong way, the only way for it to fit is to have it facing toward the inside of the pc and therefore doesnt work.

in your other pc right? but wut does it matter lol u need one for this comp

No, sorry, I meant its from my good pc which broke, it faces the wrong way in this pc.

SP_A1854.jpg

Top = TNT2, Bottom = Radeon 9550, if you look closely the top card has an extra line in betwenn the connectors which the radeon doesnt, thats the problem.

SP_A1855.jpg

here is a picture of the radeon in the pc the wrong way around.

Back
Top Bottom