How do I improve video quality of video on my windows?

iampatel

Beta member
Currently when I watch online streaming videos, picture quality looks fine, but streaming is not constant. Seems like refresh rate is slow and when I watch video, seems like it pausing and I cannot watch proper video. What do I need to do to get rid of this issue?

Here is some info about my system:
Microsoft XP
Home Edition
Version 2002
Service Pack 3

Inter Celeron CPU 2.4GHz
2.39 GHz, 1.49 GB RAM

Adapter:
Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphic Controller
64 MB Memory

Current Settings:
Screen Resolution: 1600 by 900 pixels
Color Quality: 32 bit
Screen Refresh rate: 60Hz

Question2:
Manual of my monitor says that optimal resolution for this monitor is 1920 by 1080 and when I try to change the setting, 1600 by 900 pixels is the highest I get, what do I need to upgrade in order to get 1920 by 1080?

most likely internet connection. streaming downloads only as fast as your connection allows. and sometimes as fast as the site allows.

but taking a second look at your spec's, you system looks old. an upgrade may help.

most likely internet connection. streaming downloads only as fast as your connection allows. and sometimes as fast as the site allows.

but taking a second look at your spec's, you system looks old. an upgrade may help.

It could really be a combination of the two. It sounds like the integrated video won't even let them use 1920x1080... which means he isn't even getting the full use of his monitor. I'm guessing it'll use an AGP video card though, which could be a problem to find a decent priced one, not to mention the PSU issues.

When I use my laptop, I dont see this problem. Also I am seeing the same issue while watching iTune video. So it must be more of a system problem and not internet speed related.
What upgrades are needed?

When I use my laptop, I dont see this problem. Also I am seeing the same issue while watching iTune video. So it must be more of a system problem and not internet speed related.
What upgrades are needed?

Yeah, it really sounds like the system then. There are two options really, you can either...

1.) Buy a graphics card that will work in your current system, although you'll probably need to pay a premium since it's an older part, and you won't get a very good price:performance ratio. We'll also need to know all of your specs
2.) Build an entire new system (we can probably put together something really nice for ~$500)

This doesn't sound like a case of internet issues if the laptop does fine. The issue is that the video on the desktop is "tearing" and not "stuttering."

If it's tearing, the system is bogging down, and you can't do much in that case except upgrade a component of the system, or, if that's not possible, reload the OS and get some fresh drivers on the system. Every case I've encountered this myself has resulted in a reload anyway, since the new drivers never fixed the problem alone.

Back
Top Bottom