how do i get rid of linux?!?!

Natalya1

Daemon Poster
guys... as the title of this thread says.. HOW DO I GET RID OF LINUX???!?!? this is a terrible situation. i need my XP back... =S

ok ill explain the situation a bit better.

i recently installed fedora on a computer at home, jsut so i could learn a bit about it. anyways, im over it now and i need my windows back!

so i put in the windows xp cd and restarted the computer and booted from that cd. Then as it was loading it said "Press any key to boot from cd" so i pressed a key, then it said " windows is detecting current hardware" (or something along those lines) and then nothing happens at all! it just sits there. like i dont have THAT much hardware lol so it should not take that llong! haha... so any idea why this is happening??

if you could help it would be greatly appreciated!

Nat =)

Did you put XP on a different partition, if you did just go back to that partition and keep linux on that partition it is on now?!

If you didn't format the hard drive!

how many times have you tried it?
you should be able to format the drive and reinstall xp. if not, I would take that drive out of that computer and put it in a different computer as a slave and format it that way to get rid of linux, then install it back in the original computer and try to install win xp again.

edit: I know what you mean about Fedora, I had it installed on another computer too, I got tired of it. Just didn't have the time or the ambition to learn a whole new OS, rather than using windows which I've used wayyyyyyy back since the old 3.1 days.

Back
Top Bottom