how do i get rid of IE

root said:
as alvino said, it's actually impossible to remove IE completly, it's integrated to the core.

that's why you can open IE and put c: as the address and see your files, or conversly open explorer, type a web address and be browsing webpages.

if you don't want to use it then don't. but there is no getting rid of it, it's a core windows component, just like the desktop.

IMO, firefox isn't all that either, I (personally) have had far more problems with firefox in my time than I have with IE, (opera FTW though, but I even stopped using that as many web pages are still optimised for IE, which is still most popular...)
It was quite the opposite for me. IE kept causing problems for me, but Firefox was pretty good.. some people say firefox crashes a lot.. it's done it maybe 3 or 4 times
Yeah opera pwns heh

Lac3y said:
Don't listen to the firefox fanboys, IE7 has been proven to be better in almost every way.

Yeah right, you read any review and tell me where you see internet explorer 7 rated higher than firefox 2

the only reason internet explorer is used by most is because most of those people dont know better.

Just go into Program Access and Defaults and Uncheck Access to this program and never touch that peice of shit again...

Wow, seriously...Internet Explorer isn't THAT bad...you guys need to get off the Firefox hype train and open your eyes. It has it's flaws, but it's not all you guys make it out to be. Sure, IE6 sucked, but IE7 has so much more to it...

Most people use Internet Explorer because they could care less. My dad doesn't care which browser he uses, just as long as he can check his e-mail, read daily news articles and whatever else he does fine, he could care less if it was IE7 or Opera or Firefox 2.0.

to me IE7 seems just as bloated as the whole windows operating system...thats what I use firefox...and the add-ons are nice...

Although it's true you can't get rid of the entire IE browser, you can cut off access to the program from ever running and/or taking up resources and using the services of the OS.

Back
Top Bottom